Poké2 Grill is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers and customers. To ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, Poke2 Grill has developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness, Response, and Control Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Managers and workers are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and communities, and that requires full cooperation among our workers and management. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of all persons in our workplaces.
Poké2 Grill’s COVID-19 Preparedness, Response, and Control Plan follows the industry guidance developed by the state of California, available at the California ALL website (https://covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/), which is based upon Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health (LADPH) guidelines for COVID-19, California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA) statutes, rules and standards, and California’s relevant and current executive orders. It addresses:
- ensuring sick workers stay home and prompt identification and isolation of sick persons;
- social distancing – workers must be at least six-feet apart;
- worker hygiene and source controls, including face coverings;
- workplace building and ventilation protocol;
- workplace cleaning and disinfection protocol;
- drop-off, pick-up, and delivery practices and protocol; and
- communications and training practices and protocol.
Poké2 Grill has reviewed and incorporated the industry guidance applicable to our business provided by the state of California for the development of this plan, including the following industry guidance for Restaurants. Other conditions and circumstances included in the industry guidance and addressed in the plan that are specific to our business include:
- additional protections and protocols for customers, clients, guests, and visitors;
- additional protections and protocols for face coverings and personal protective equipment;
- additional protections and protocol for access and assignment;
- additional protections and protocol for sanitation and hygiene;
- additional protections and protocols for work clothes and handwashing;
- additional protections and protocol for distancing and barriers;
- additional protections and protocols for managing occupancy;
- additional protocols to limit face-to-face interaction;
- additional protections for receiving or exchanging payment; and
- additional protections and protocols for certain types of businesses within an industry.
WORKPLACE POLICIES AND PRACTICES TO PROTECT EMPLOYEE HEALTH
- Everyone who can carry out their work duties from home has been directed to do so.
- All employees have been told not to come to work if sick or if they are exposed to a person who has COVID-19.
- Employees are instructed on the proper use of face covering, including the need to wash or replace their face coverings daily.
- Employees are directed to ensure hand hygiene practices including handwash frequency, use of hand sanitizer, and proper glove use are adhered to.
- Employees are reminded to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed immediately with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Employees are prohibited from eating or drinking anywhere inside the food facility other than designated break areas.
- All employees, vendors, and delivery personnel have been provided instructions regarding maintaining physical distancing and the use of face coverings when around others.
- Breaks are staggered, in compliance with wage and hour regulations, to ensure that six (6) feet between employees can be maintained at all times.
- Restrooms and other common areas are disinfected frequently, on the following schedule:
- Restrooms — Every ﹤ Hour
- Countertops — Every ﹤ 30 minutes
- Disinfectant and related supplies are available to employees at the following location(s): Underneath take-out countertop, prep sink, front entrance, bathroom, back hallway, kitchen.
- Hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 is available to all employees at all the following location(s): Next to POS, by tablets, above the take-out counter, front entrance, kitchen.
- Social distancing – Workers must be at least six-feet apart.
MEASURES TO ENSURE PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- We’ve temporarily adjusted our business hours in accordance with the newest Public Health Order and will close at 8:00PM daily.
- On-site indoor/outdoor seating is closed.
- Floor decals for social distancing are placed 8’ apart for customers may stand and form a line.
- If there is not enough distanced space within the designated spots inside, please do not curve the line blocking the entrance/exit. Please follow the marked floors and wait outside to enable and physical distancing.
- Plexiglass barriers are placed at the register and pick-up counter.
- We ask that our customers maintain distance from and avoid touching the ordering glass and countertops.
- Curbside pick-up is available for all customers. Employees are trained to ask customers to wait outside or wait in their car for contact-free delivery in order to ensure physical distancing practices are met and to limit the total amount of time in-store.
- We ask all customers ordering from the grill/kitchen menu to provide your name and car make/color/or model before checkout to help us quickly deliver your food once it is ready.
- Please expect longer than normal wait times as we have made adjustments to our scheduling limit to allow for social distancing and ensure the safety of our team.
- Mobile ordering and contactless payment options are available.
- Online+GrubHub: Pick-Up only | DoorDash+UberEATS: Delivery/Pick-Up
- We accept Apple Pay, Android Pay, Contactless Credit Cards, Pre-pay over the phone, Cash (no $100 bills).
- Contactless processes for pickup and delivery for customer interactions have been implemented, where possible.
- Please have your order confirmation ready to show our team for minimal wait time.
- Interactions between employees and customers are limited to a maximum of 5 minutes per occurrence, where possible. Incidental contact is to be expected, however, the goal is to limit this to less than 15 minutes, preferably 10 minutes, and the employees are always wearing their face coverings.
- Back of House is operated to achieve physical distancing between employees by limiting the number of employees to 2 maximum scheduled at the same time.
MEASURES FOR INFECTION CONTROL
- The HVAC system is in good, working order; to the maximum extent possible, ventilation has been increased.
- The highest-efficiency air filters are installed and new filters are readily available for frequent replacement, as needed.
- Employees are instructed to clean and sanitize/disinfect (using products approved for use against COVID-19) all highly-touched surfaces.
- A third party company is scheduled twice a month to assist in deep cleaning.
- All workspaces have been equipped with proper sanitation products, including hand sanitizer for all employees directly assisting customers.
- Touchless dispensers for hand sanitizer, paper towels, and toilets are installed.
- Drop-off locations are designated to receive deliveries in the back exit hallway, away from high traffic areas.
- Person-to-person contact for delivery of goods has been eliminated whenever possible.
FOOD SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
- All food safety practices outlined in the California Retail Food Code (CRFC) are being followed and maintained.
- Areas where customers may congregate or touch food or food ware items that other customers may use have been closed. These items are provided to customers individually and includes but is not limited to:
- Self-service areas with condiment caddies, utensil caddies, napkins, lids, straws, to-go containers, etc.
- Employees are required to have clean/sanitized hands at all times and instructed to wear gloves when providing silverware and napkins to customers.
MEASURES THAT COMMUNICATE TO THE PUBLIC
- A copy of this protocol is posted on the Poke2 Grill website.
- Signage is posted that reminds the dining public to maintain physical distancing of six feet, wash hands or use sanitizer upon entry into the restaurant, and to stay home if they are ill or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Online outlets (website, social media, etc.) provide clear information about facility hours, required use of face coverings, policies in regard to preordering, prepayment, pickup and/or delivery, and other relevant issues
- Copies of this Protocol have been distributed to all employees.
We appreciate all our customers for your patience and understanding, especially during times like these. Thank you for your continued support and for sharing the love for our small business.
Please stay safe, stay healthy, and eat more poke!